Mark Todd Maestro is a scientifically formulated fully balanced complementary feed for horses and ponies in medium to hard work. Using only the highest quality ingredients, Maestro is manufactured to exacting standards to produce a super premium, highly digestible, low-intake product. Superior digestibility is achieved through the combined use of advanced feed technologies including wet steam extrusion and micronisation. This ultra-high digestibility, along with a high oil content, ensures the delivery of on-demand energy in a cool form. Maestro contains Protexin® for essential gut health and efficient feed utilisation.
Protexin® In Feed Formula is a premium probiotic specifically formulated for horses. Protexin® is a brand associated with the highest quality and assurances guaranteeing stability and efficacy. Protexin® ensures the stabilisation and maintenance of a beneficial microflora within the hindgut of all horses and ponies which in turn supports their feed utilisation, health and temperament.
- Stabilized Rice Bran – A superior source of cool energy. Stabilized Rice Bran is high in oil which horses easily metabolise into low GI sustained release energy. Rice bran is also high in powerful natural anti-oxidants.
- Beetroot – Nature’s secret nutritional weapon Beetroot is a good source of protein, digestible fibre and is rich in antioxidants. It is also a naturally rich source of NITRATE, which in the body can be converted to metabolically active nitric oxide. Nitric oxide has a number of beneficial effects on blood flow and on the energetic cost of muscle contraction and energy generation in muscle cells. The main beneficial effect of Nitric oxide is to increase the economy of exercise by allowing the muscles to use less oxygen therefore improving exercise tolerance, power output and stamina.
- Precision Equine Protein – Equine specific amino acids Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and when formulated correctly for horses, they effectively support tendon, ligament and lean muscle mass growth and repair. Maestro contains Precision Equine Protein consisting of a precise, horse perfect composition of amino acids.
- Omega 3 Oils – All round health and vitality Maestro contains high levels of Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil, a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are widely known to be beneficial for skin, coat and overall well-being.
- Protexin® In Feed Formula – for a healthy & efficient digestive system
Key Feed Technologies:
- Wet Steam Extrusion – Unlocking nutritional potential All Keyflow feeds use wet steam extrusion as a core feed technology. In the steam extrusion process, raw grains are ground and rapidly-cooked in a pressurised chamber, before being pressed through a die and oven baked. This unique process increases the surface area of grain starch molecules increasing feed digestibility in a horse’s small intestine from approximately 40% to over 90%. This process is far more effective than traditional processing methods such as pelleting (cubes) or steam flaking.
- Micronisation – greatly enhanced digestibility Infrared Micronising is a dry thermal process. It is a highly reliable and consistent short time high temperature process using humidity, temperature and mechanical pressure to achieve high levels of starch gelatinisation. Immediate rolling or flaking enhances digestibility and nutritional value.
Ingredients: contains micronized grains (including. wheat, maize, peas, linseed), beetroot, steam extruded vegetable protein meals and stabilized rice bran, soya hulls, beet shreds, col